We know that all companies influence the environment and the community they are in with their activities. Our company is no exception. We try to reduce the adverse effects that our company may have by purchasing rationally, respecting our country, throwing away garbage responsibly and by offering an environmentally safe and a socially responsible product and/or experience to our customers.
Iceland Excursions – Gray Line Iceland is a company that can have a negative impact on the environment through its operations and is subject to laws and regulations regarding the environment.
As a company we are aware of the effect our operations may have on the environment and Iceland Excursions – Gray Line Iceland operates such that the negative effects are kept to a minimum.
We review our environmental policy of our operations on a regular basis and work towards constantly reforming it. We work towards pollution protection by monitoring environmental issues in the operations of our company, saving energy, sorting and reducing the amount of garbage being produced within the company, saving of cold water, reducing pollution, purchasing rationally and protecting the environment, being socially responsible and selecting suppliers according to their performance in environmental issues.
We aim at reducing pollution by:
- Training our employees and making our customers aware of our environmental policy and by providing information on how they can participate.
- Sorting and reducing garbage that is produced within the company.
- Reducing emissions from our company fleet by purchasing vehicles with the highest euro value that is available at any given point in time.
- Promoting sustainable development with reduced use of raw materials, recovery and re-use.
- Choosing suppliers according to their performance in environmental issues, as long as price and quality allow.
- Conducting our business according to law and regulations regarding the environment and monitoring changes.
- Increasing the environmental awareness of our employees through education and training and to encourage employees to perform their duties in an environmentally friendly manner.
- Upholding the best available pollution control when renewing and maintaining equipment.